Safety and Security Window filmsReduces Uv, reflects heat and protects your home and business
- Reduces the risk of injury from flying glass
- Keep glass intact to maintain a barrier
- Reduces need to “board up” broken window
- Available in several shades & colors
Safety window film types and characteristics
2mil Safety: Clear window film to help retain shattered glass pieces
4mil Security: In addition to retaining shattered glass, this film helps prevent intrusion from rocks, golf balls or flying debris. 4 mil films are available in clear, silver or solar gray and in several different shades.
8mil Security: Most popular tough anti-intrusion film resists forced-entry and penetration from rocks, golf balls or flying debris. These products are frequently used on conjunction with an edge attachment system to help eliminate to possibility of the glass coming out of the window frame under extreme conditions. 8mil films are available in clear, silver or solar gray and in several different shades.
12mil & 14mil Security: These very tough products are used on conjunction with an edge attachment system to keep the glass in the window frame under extreme conditions. These films are made to keep window glass in place while helping to protect occupants and property from natural disaster and civil unrest. Extensive bomb blast testing reports with very impressive results are available.
Edge Attachment Systems: There are two types of systems used to reinforce the glass to the window or door frame under extreme wind, blast or impact situations.
1. An industrial grade silicone adhesive is skillfully applied to the outer edge of the glass (on the film after it’s cured) and onto the adjoining window or door frame. This triangular heavy bead is typically about one inch wide and is available in black or white.
2. Tape or mechanical attachment systems are often heavier and less attractive and therefore more suited to commercial or industrial extreme conditions
3. Custom combinations of materials are often developed to meet specific objectives such as aesthetics.